Friday, September 19, 2008

You know what Mother Nature? You can be kind of a bitch sometimes.

I think I've figured it out. I always want it to be gloomy and cold and feel like fall. That is the opposite of what it has been like in Long Beach for like 200 years. Everyday it's the same weather, really hot and smoggy with a slight chance of road construction in your front yard. I make all these attempts at creating my own little fall wonderland. By my desk, I have a big wooden byobu which I use to block out the light and there is a fan and special lighting. I sit in there like a kid who built a fort of blankets and I look through halloween costume catalogues and drink maple syrup.
That last part might not have been true, either way, point made. So, I'm thinking that if I am always acting like this and the weather never changes, maybe I could play a trick on Mother Nature and pretend like I love the sun and never want summer to end. So today I will take a beach day. I am going to lug all of my books down to the sand and lap on some sun screen and run like a screaming maniac into the water! I'm going to run around with a volleyball and ask strangers if they want to 'volly' for a bit. Just watch, I guarantee that tomorrow is going to be the most beautifully cold and overcast day you've seen all summer!

No comments: