Friday, October 10, 2008
inconsistency
I want to do so many things that sometimes I feel that I end up getting stressed and doing nothing. Why does it seems so difficult for me sometimes to balance my responsibilities with what I truly want for my life. See, most of my day is filled with trying to make a living. I am ok with that, honestly, I am not super happy where I am working now anymore because the economy mess is causing my bosses to loose their minds and they seem to think I have done something with it. But I am ok with that. I need to move past the whinny bitch who doesn't have enough time to sit and dream about all the cool stuff he used to do. I know that I am in a good spot relationally (wonderful friends and family, dating a wonderful girl), educationally (taking classes again and working towards a degree), and having a job in general is a good thing right now. I think that I am just missing the relationship with God that I used to have. It was almost like I had a coach with me at all times who would reassure me or comfort me or guide me all throughout my day. I am done trying to decide whether or not I believe in Jesus. I always have, I had a rough spot where things didn't add up like they used to and I threw a fit but I have learned that it is difficult to grow up spiritually too. Now I need to just learn how to do that as an adult. Which reminds me, guys we really need to start getting together. I know we all need it. Call me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i know what you mean when you talk about the absense of the 'coach'. but another way i choose to look at it... i just thank him for his mystifying exsistence. if i had him figured out, he wouldn't be much of a God...
Well put Derek. I've also been thinking about how the idea that God is fulfilling is so illogical that it keeps us looking elsewhere.
Post a Comment