Monday, January 19, 2009

I came, I crawled, I conquered.


today i over came a fear that i thought i'd never have to.  with the support of my loving room mates, i crawled under our house into a den of cat dung and spiderwebs and pulled a opossum carcass out which was causing our whole house to smell like hell.  i had to imagine that i was a cameraman for Planet Earth just so that i could justify how insane it was under there.  it was my own personal fear factor.  the crawl space was no more 1.5 ft so i had to crawl army style.  it was mental.

4 comments:

JP said...

holy hell. where did you get all that gear?

Matt Pool said...

that was going to be my question. insane.

la gloria, la gloria, la gloria said...

Well done. I'm happy to hear that "overcoming your fear" shit is still happening. Not to downplay all of those that don't have a choice. However, it seems that those that do merely call the "opossum extractor".
When I was a resident assistant at the Bapper, a rival dorm wing put a dead opossum in one of the showers. I called the opossum extractor: I was standing in a towel and late for a final. excuses.

Lauren said...

your my hero!