Saturday, February 21, 2009
i was just reading today's my utmost and it is about abandon to God. Oswald says, "abandon to God is of more value than personal holiness." I think that is wonderful. beautiful even. there are always these times when we are running around thinking we are so intellectual in the way we have the world figured out. i feel that as we grow older this is less and less involved with community with our friends and Jesus himself and more and more involved in finding a way to domesticate Christ so that he matches nicely with the rest of our newly found adultness so that we can tuck it all up on a shelf and admire it but not really have to deal with it. and then good ol' Oswald comes along and says that it has nothing to do with personal holiness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You're a good man Charlie Brown. I try to focus on eating chettoos and what I'm gonna do for fun, and here you go challenging me with your blog to live more honestly with Christ.
iam guilty as charged when reading this.
Post a Comment