Saturday, September 25, 2010

Williamsburg

we made it... sane, well-rested, fresh and eager to do what we came to do. The drive out was planned over a four-day period with over night stops in Albuquerque, Tulsa, Indianapolis and Harrisburg. We survived on a very cheap food budget which consisted of PB&J's, water, trail mix, a few fresh veggies and whatever we could sneak away from the free continental breakfast (which ended up being quite a lot). There was a dark night in Indianapolis where we sat outside of a Taco Bell for about half an hour trying to resolve the conflict going on between our desire for hot, easy food and our consciences. Our desire for peace of mind (and bowels) won out thankfully and we somberly walked back to our hotel for a late-night PB&J session in the parking lot. The camping didn't really pan out just yet although I realized that the drive out is just littered with KOA campgrounds. So I will definitely keep that in mind for the future.
The first show of the tour, at The Music Hall of Williamsburg, couldn't have gone better. It was a great way to kick this trip off. We have three days off then we will be driving to North Hampton, MA. While I love coming to New York. I eventually always end up longing to move on... mostly this has been due to having a lot of free time with very very little funds; but it is also because we have been preparing for this tour and working so hard to make it work that finally getting here and having three days off in a row seems a bit anti-productive. No complaints at all though, I am loving life right now and I feel perfectly positioned in the universe. more to come soon... hiho



more photos to come here.

No comments: