Saturday, March 19, 2005
So here’s a funny thought. What if you could snap your fingers and suddenly all of you fears would disappear. What if, when they disappeared, all of you passions and dreams became magnified? What would happen then? I look around the room that I sit in and wonder if I would still be sitting here. I wonder if I would still own all of these things and wear these clothes. How would I act with the people I work with? How would that change the way I am in my relationships with family and loved ones? Would I be content spending my whole day before work doing meaningless things? I don’t think that I would act in such a way as if the world were about to end so I have to make everything that I do amazing and thrilling. I think it would be more of just a savoring everything that I love and spending the rest of my time showing my passion about those things to others so that they can see the beautiful things I see and so that they may open my eyes to see the same. I think that saying, “I love you” would be more than words exchanged. It would be a moment you share with someone. Then I think to myself, “is fear all that is stopping me from living like this?”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
Romans 8:15
15 So you should not be like cowering, fearful slaves. You should behave instead like God's very own children, adopted into his family--calling him "Father, dear Father."
----------------------------
These scriptures help me to be brave. If God is for us who can be against us? (Romans 8:31)
I just want to encourage you to act bravely in love. I think tribal war paint would be a nice choice to signify your bravery. Nuwanda is a good name too, but I don't know how biblical it is.
p.s. we are more than conquerers
I found your blog by doing a search on bloggers who share an interest in the music of Mark Kozelek. I was pleasantly surprised by the insight in your posts. I plan on returning and reading your archives and whatever else you have posted, and in the meantime I have linked to your blog in my Listening Room's "Blogs I Like" column. If you have a problem with that, let me know and I'll remove the link. But I did want to comment and express my admiration for the work you've done on your blog. I wish you Peace and Grace from our Lord, Jesus Christ.
Post a Comment