Wednesday, April 09, 2008

how did i become such a forgetter?
i mean i can barely remember when i was young.
i saw this picture of myself just now...
with an arm around my best friend.
i remember being a little less numb.
i think my smile looked more sincere,
but i could be wrong.
i was thinner but i don't remember trying.
i used to be so touched by a song
and i seriously almost remember crying.
this one time....
there was this girl
and i swear i've never smelled anything like her ever since.
she was fearless,
and had such a loud laugh
that now i would think was annoying.
SHE kissed ME
and not the other way around.
it was in my best friend's room.
eyes locked tight in lids,
feet locked in shoes.
i was like a toy whose hands couldn't move
...thank god for that.
'her breath smelled like the... air, in... heaven!'
i told myself...
i thought that sounded cool.
we kissed in the daytime
and then i walked home
i don't think i cared if it was night
or whether or not we were alone
but now, for the life of me,
i can't remember
how you do that without darkness and booze
and hands that can move
i think i would have tried
to remember better
if i would've known
i'd turn out such a forgetter

4 comments:

JP said...

wow man this is beautiful

rosie said...

I LOVE him. I dream of stealing his life on a daily basis. I'm not surprised you love him...you have an Oliver-ish quality about you.

rosie said...

oh...and one other thing. today he made a meat pie and cooked the meat off with Guiness...I thought they only did stuff like that in the movies.

rosie said...

It's Jamie at Home on the Food Network on Saturday mornings at 9:30am. I never miss it.