Saturday, December 06, 2008

may your planetary influences be favorable

I just read the definition for 'Mazel Tov' and I love it.  It sounds so nerdy!  How wonderful.  So I am really excited about Christmas.  Its odd because I usually always think that life was better when I was younger and that would usually seem a bit stronger during the holiday season, but I am really excited for all of the 'adult' hustle and bustle' this year for some reason.  I like the idea of Christmas parties and making plans and making outings of buying Christmas presents.  It could definitely be that there are now two little beautiful new boys in our family and that I have a pretty amazing girlfriend to share all of these wonderful times with as well.  I don't know, I think that it could also be that, in the midst of finals, bills getting crazy (and getting a four-hundred yellow light ticket in the mail right smack dab in the middle of it all), and all this plan making and trying to get work off... I am just grateful.  I am grateful for my endlessly wonderful friends and family and my limitlessly graceful Lord.  I am grateful that, in the realization that I'll never again have those perfect Christmases of my youth, that there is still wonderful times to be had and it is my decision.  

So a quick question for all of you...  top ten christmas songs in mix tape form.  so this is not just your favorite songs, they have to go together well in a mix.  cheesy i know, but it's still fun.

3 comments:

Matt Pool said...

Alright I'm going! One. Two. Ten!

1. Willie Nelson - Pretty Paper
2. H.Y.A.M.L.C. - Russ Taff
3. Carol of the Bells - Home Alone
4. Christmastime is here - V.G. Trio
5. Morning Star - Innocence Mission
6. Wonderful Christmastime - Paul
McCartney
7. The Nutcracker Suite - Les Brown Orchestra
8. I'll Be Home For Christmas - Russ Taff
9. Skating - V.G. Trio
10. Adeste Fideles - Bing Crosby WW2 Radio

Nate said...

I've tried to do this but it's just too hard to only do 10 songs and what version and in what order. It's too hard. I got mine narrowed to 47 songs.

Steve, Karen, Delaney, & Jude Dunlap said...

Hey buddy, we need your address to send you your Christmas card! Email me at silvergirly@aol.com
Hugs, Karen