the word for today is melee. melee. i start school on monday. i am excited to mix it up with all the youngsters in the melee called city education. i am taking 13 units and it is only four days a week. i will be done with all of it each day by two as well! i am pretty excited. goodbye to that bitch, online classes. hello routine and educational atmosphere! my classes are: cultural anthropology, geology, history of rock, debate and.... wait for it... backpacking! yes it’s true folks, the government is paying for me to learn about backpacking and they are even going to give me one phys ed unit towards my degree for it! can you believe it?
other notable changes in my life lately, i’ve decided to switch majors from literature to math! it was always my best subject. i think that i just always kind of romanticized the idea of being a literature teacher. and i think i would like to reserve reading and writing for the hobby life. second, i think i am begining, for the first time in my adult life, to look forward to getting older. well. thirty to be exact. i think that the thirty-year-old of our time looks much different than it has before and i am excited to explore what that means for me. i don’t want to try and be a “cool” 30yr old, the the coolest version of “derek the 30yr old”
last noteworthy comment.... rosie is coming to town!!!!
and one more last thing, as of next sunday i will be a proud disneyland pass owner!
2 comments:
I just tried to add Cultural Anthropology but it was closed. Bummer. I did however just take Geology, and would love to chat about it here and there. On a sad note, my Disneyland pass expired...TODAY! Tragic. But by the shear grace of God, I ran into the lady that we trade with and she told me, over and over, to call her anytime, anytime at all, three in the afternoon, no biggie, and she will get us in. So it's on. You and I will dedicate this year to breaking the 1,000,000 mark on Buzz Lightyear! Among other things.
We had trig together....with Mr.Leong (was that his name?)...I don't remember, but I do remember you ruled hardcore at it, while I cursed those damn triangles up and down. I like the idea of you as a math major...well played. Can't wait to see everyone.
Post a Comment